Thursday, September 8, 2011

Why Josiah Book Review?

Let me clarify one thing, I am not a writer. I don't have the patience, nor can I spell. I do, however, love a good story. I read one or more books a week at this point in my life. Why keep all that knowledge to myself? Besides, if I don't write it down, I will forget most of the book within months.
Why Josiah? Josiah was a young king in the Old Testament. The world around him knew nothing of the Truth of God's Word until the Torah was found and presented to him. When he read the Law (Torah), he not only repented of his own sin, but exposed the false idols and teachings of his generation. That is what I plan to do with this blog. I want to compare the books that I read to the Word of God and expose the false teaching of my generation that are hidden in our media and entertainment. I'm not the kind of person who sees evil in every shadow, and I think the Harry Potter books are about as evil as Cinderella. This journey will challenge me to examine, not only what I hear and see, but also what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment